PayPal Donation Link

PayPal Donation Link
PayPal Donations For continued research into British foxes and canids world wide

Friday 26 May 2023

How To Repel Ants...WITHOUT Killing

 


I have written before about essential oils for repelling rats (a few years ago now) and this afternoon I went to get papers from a corner of the room and...big (BIG)black ants all over the table.

I DO NOT kill ants and they serve a useful purpose but when crawling over my face when i can sleep at night is not good.

How could I get rid of my little cousins without killing? What repels ants naturally?


  • Mint. Plant mint around perimeter of your home to repel insects. ...

  • Vinegar. Mix a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. ...

  • Lemon Juice. ...

  • Cinnamon. ...

  • Cayenne Pepper or Black Pepper. ...

  • Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth.


Now I am always dubious but we had some essential oils peppermint so sprinkled some about 3 inches from the ants...within 5 minutes they had packed up and left. I just stared blankly but I have now found a way of keeping both colonies (back garden invading the kitchen and front just breaking and entering) out.

They now know that I have a weapon of mass smellyness


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pine Martens and DNA

  We know from statements and observations that pine marten were in Somerset in the 1990s and may well have been some of the released pairs....