PayPal Donation Link

PayPal Donation Link
PayPal Donations For continued research into British foxes and canids world wide

Monday 9 November 2020

2021 -time for garden surveys?

 Just a selection of photos but I think I will take advantage of 2021 to launch a full survey of my garden.

Should be fun.

Juvenile fm rat caught and killed in garden by neighbours cat. Apart from rats (there are so many cats coming into this garden I have no idea why rodents are still here) there were shrews and the mice are still here but sonic devices appear to be keeping them out of the house.


These black ants are extremely territorial. This last summer I placed my hand on a branch of the oak tree and it took 5 seconds for a group to start appearing and swarm my hand -I removed my hand because these little buggers really bite!
Foxes -got really hit by mange between 1995-2016 but I keep my eye on them (as does the bulloy cat next door).
Rather large hedgehog stool. There were around 3 young this year and two adults stiull come to feed and chase off foxes.
Those ants get everywhere. This was by the back door and I do not like, use or even consider ant killer sprays or powders.  Strong white vinegar wiped along the door step kept them out of the house but these particular ant do appear to have become the dominant species -replacing the red ants and other maller species.

If you are interested in what can be found in YOUR garden check out my previous posts as they give you some idea of what you might find -and photograph!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wildlife Deaths and the Need to Take Positive Action. Email to The Green Party

 My policy has always been to make no secret of correspondence that involves wildlife issues. These are all open and show what is being disc...